BMW E-Sys 3.25.3 + PSdZData v2.51.3 + Manuals
INSTALL E-SYS & EDIABAS
01) Run “E-sys\E-Sys_Setup_3_25_3_RC_b40861.exe” to install program to default location “C:\EC-Apps\ESG” (i.e. “C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\”)
02) During E-Sys installation, when prompted change the default Data Path from “C:\Data\” to “C:\ESysData\”.
03) Copy “EDIABAS” folder to the root of “C:\” (i.e. “C:\EDIABAS”)
04) Run “C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\Ediabas-Konfigurator\Ediabas-Konfigurator.exe” and make sure “Interface:” is set to “INTERFACE=ENET”.
(It should already be set, but check anyway – if you need to change it, use the drop-down list and select “INTERFACE=ENET” and then “Andern” and then “Ende”.)
INSTALL E-SYS EST TOKEN
05) Create subfolder “E-Sys EST” under “C:\ESysData\” (i.e. “C:\ESysData\E-Sys EST”)
06) Copy EST Token File (e.g. “esys_v1.4.EST”) to “E-Sys EST” folder (i.e. “C:\ESysData\E-Sys EST\esys_v1.4.EST”)
07) If existing “psdzdata” folder exists in “C:\ESysData\” (i.e. “C:\ESysData\psdzdata”) delete it.
08) Copy downloaded “psdzdata” folder to “C:\ESysData\” (i.e. “C:\ESysData\psdzdata”)
09) Make sure that there is a “Dist” folder in each of the Chassis folders (F01/F10/F20/F25/K001/RR01) etc.
(It should already be set, but check anyway – if not there – create empty “Dist” folders for each chassis folder)
CONNECT AND CONFIGURE E-SYS
10) Turn Car’s Auxiliary Power On (Engine Off) and make connection to car with OBDII-Enet Interface Cable
(Wait a few minutes until the network adapter icon shows a Connection with the yellow exclamation point over it)
(The car does not have a DHCP server, so it does not assign an IP Address to the computer. Both the computer and the car will go into DHCP fallback mode, each assigning themselves a random Class-B IP Address so that they can talk to each other. This can take up to 60 seconds, so you have to wait until the PC has an IP address before you try to connect).
(If you are running E-Sys in a Virtual Machine (VM), make sure you set the VM NIC to bridging mode, not NAT.)
11) Launch “C:\EDIABAS\Hardware\ENET\ZGW_SEARCH.exe” to verify cable and connection are working.
(Select Refresh Button until connection data appears (IP, ADR, MAC, & VIN) verifying actual communication to the car)
(ZGW_SEARCH.exe is non-functional (informational only) and not a requirement to run E-Sys. If you cannot get ZGW_SEARCH.exe working, instead verify the laptop’s wired network adapter has an Class-B IP Address (128 to 191.xxx.xxx.xxx)).
12) Run “C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\E-Sys.exe” (It will take E-Sys a while to write the log file).
Under Options, Settings:
On the PROGRAM TAB, set the Directories – Data Path to “C:\ESysData”
On the EST Tab, set the Developer-Soft-Token EST Path to match EST Token installed in Step 06 above
(e.g. “C:\ESysData\E-Sys EST\Code Away.EST”)
On the ODX Tab, set the ODX Rule Path to “C:\ESysData\Rules”
13) Hit the Connect Button on E-Sys toolbar and select desired Target Vehicle (e.g. TargetSelector:Project=F010-12-03-511m VehicleInfo=F010)
(DO NOT use the Target with the _DIRECT suffix (e.g. TargetSelector:Project=F010-12-03-511m VehicleInfo=F010_DIRECT)
(F001 psdzdata covers the F01/F02/F04 7-series and the F07 5-series)
(F010 psdzdata covers the F10 5-series, the F12/F13 6-series, and the F06 6-series Gran Coupé)
(F020 psdzdata covers the F20 1-series and F30 3-series (There is no Z4 F-chassis yet))
(F025 psdzdata covers the F25 X3-series (There is no X5 F-chassis yet))
14) Select Connection via VIN, and click Connect
(Window should pop up confirming successful connection)
(The program will remember the “connection via VIN” for future connections)
A) Each time E-Sys is launched, the first time the FDL Editor or CAF-Viewer is invoked, either directly via “Editors & Viewers => FDL-Editor” or “Editors & Viewers => CAF-Viewer” or indirectly via right-clicking on a module’s read CAFD and selecting “Edit FDL”, you will need to enter the EST Token PIN, which came separately with the EST Token).
B) Coding KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) module will cause the car to chime and the dashboard to reset including the clock. Simply reset the vehicle Date and Time via iDrive when done coding module.
C) Some modules take a long time before the changes begin working (e.g. trunk and mirror close). If still not working after an hour or so of being off (asleep), try recoding the module again, even if it looks like the correct parameter (e.g.”nicht_aktiv”) is set.
D) If Coding for an extended period of time (>30 minutes or so) ensure car is on a charger to avoid killing the battery. You can safely code with the Engine Running to keep it charged with the exception of the DME module.
E) If you want to look at a read CAFD file’s net coding data (.ncd files) go to the “Editors & Viewers => FDL-Editor”, put your PIN in, and then navigate to your CAF folder (C:\ESysData\CAF) and select the desired CAFD file’s corresponding read coding data .ncd file. You DO NOT need to be connected to the car.
(e.g. Module CAFD Name cafd_000000f9.caf.007_003_167 = CAFD_000000F9_007_003_067.ncd)
F) If you want to look at an unread CAFD file, go to the “Editors & Viewers => CAF-Viewer”, put your PIN in, and then navigate to your CAFD folder (C:\ESysData\psdzdata\swe\cafd) and select the desired CAFD. You DO NOT need to be connected to the car.
(e.g. Module CAFD Name cafd_000000f9.caf.007_003_167)
Patch Installation Instructions
Replace the original JAR files with the ones supplied here:
[*] est-cm-01.05.01.jar –> C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\lib\estcm\est-cm-01.05.01.jar
[*] psdz-core.jar –> C:\EC-Apps\ESG\E-Sys\lib\PsdZ\psdz-core.jar
[*] copy EST Token File (e.g. “esys_v1.4.est”) to “E-Sys EST” folder (i.e. “C:\ESysData\E-Sys EST\esys_v1.4.est”)
example of coding
E-Sys-3.25.3-and-PSdZData-Files-v51.3.rar (37 downloads)
NcdCafdTool_V0.2.4.zip (33 downloads)