BMW Road Map North America PREMIUM and PROFESSIONAL 2014-1
Update for CIC via USB Drive
The 2014 update contains coverage for all of North America, including Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Updates contain coverage for all of North America, with over 100,000miles of updated roads and millions of updated POIs.
How to Download:
1. Download .zip file and extract torrent.
2. Open using uTorrent or BitTorrent download the files.
You can use a 32 GB or larger FAT32 formatted USB stick to install this update.
North America Professional Instructions
1. Unpack one or both archives (there’s an East and West archive)using WinRAR and burn the ISO file with your favorite burning program.
2. It’s recommended to burn at the slowest speed possible because the DVD drives in the navigation unit can be a little touchy.
North America Premium USB Instructions:
1. Use WinRAR (or compatible archiver) to extract North_America_PREMIUM_2014-1_SingleUSB.part01.rar, it will auto-extract all of the parts of the archive automatically.
2. You will be left a folder called pkgdb, a file called config.nfm, and Instructions.txt (this file)
3. Copy the file/folder (config.nfm and pkgdb) to the root of the 32gb USB stick
4. Insert the USB stick into the USB port in the Glovebox (the center console will NOT work)
5. Follow the onscreen prompts, it will prompt for the FSC code (see below for information on getting an FSC code)
6. The update will begin to load
7. Wait for it to finish loading the data and you’re done!
1. I’ve had reports of USB3.0 sticks not working at all. Best stick with USB2.0 sticks.
2. Also, some USB drives come with a hidden partition at the front of the drive. Make
sure to go into Disk Management (for Windows) or Disk Utility (OSX) and delete all partitions.
Then recreate a single partition formatted FAT32 (Windows) or FAT (OSX, it’s FAT32 by default).
1. Reports of USB3.0 sticks not working at all. Best stick with USB2.0 sticks.
2. Also, some USB drives come with a hidden partition at the front of the drive. Make sure to go into Disk Management (for Windows) or Disk Utility (OSX) and delete all partitions. Then recreate a single partition formatted FAT32 (Windows) or FAT (OSX, it’s FAT32 by default).
You need an FSC code to load the maps from the USB/DVD into your Navigation System. You can purchase them from your local BMW dealership or you can reach out to someone who can generate these codes for you.
Or you can buy from Xcar360
BMW FSC Code CIC NBT Caculate Key Service